Saturday, May 24, 2014

Pause


You must know by now that because you've taken her, she needs you.
She waits on you.

I know you're looking for the same to come from where you once had been.  I know you're taking your time and being reckless.  Maybe you're killing time.  Maybe you're bored.

I know you're disinterested.
But I depend on you.

Unseen voices will come undone, and lower me down into my shallow grave.  Taunting me into the comatose fate I knew I'd always have.  Separated and detached, just like I always allowed myself to be.

If I wanted to, could I ever be more than what I've resigned myself to be?  There's so much still that I haven't known.  So much that I only think about when no one's listening.  They are the secret revelations I keep between me and the window well.

Romance never was my only option.  Yet it's the only thing that seems to make a difference anymore.

Will there be a way out for me, if I so desire one?
Or will it be too late?






2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're #summerblogging with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Romance never was my only option. Yet it's the only thing that seems to make a difference anymore."

    You're right. Something without any love in it sucks. I mean, I can't think of one block buster that doesn't have a hint of sex appeal.

    ReplyDelete