Thursday, November 21, 2013

The Letter I Threw Away

My dearest,

Something exciting ends today.  

The rocks and the salt and the sea and the fresh air end today.

Snow's falling down pretty quick now, and the fishermen are drawing their nets in.  I wonder where you're going for the holidays.

Something really upsetting starts today, and I can only imagine the worst.  These days were once my grace, so now I'm wondering where the mercy went.  

I'll meet you there someday,
Where the sea meets the sun.  

When the guns and the bible don't mean anything to no one. 

My dearest, something terrible will happen today, and I just wish you were here to see it.



1 comment:

  1. My dearest, something terrible will happen today, and I just wish you were here to see it.
    WOW.
    Also, glad you included the first one from that site. Keep writing. You're awesome.

    ReplyDelete